MMI delegation Europe's mission is to highlight the vital social role played by mothers for Europe’s future.The founding document of principles of MMMI states: “A mother is the most powerful influence on the life of the family and, therefore, on the cultural, economic and social life of the nation. It is vital that public opinion and policymakers recognise and value the irreplaceable contribution of mothers throughout the world.” (Extract from the Mothers’ Charter 1947)
Delegation Europe of MMMI brings to the EU the practical expertise of MMMI grass roots members.
- Follows up reports presented and discussed at the European Parliament
- Attends specific Parliamentary Commissions
- Contacts MEP to discuss specific matters related to the mission of MMMI.
- Writes position papers.
- Attends and participates in relevant conferences, meetings and colloquia related to the mission of MMMI.
- Takes part European projects and public consultations.
- Informs the MMMI European member associations.
- Raises awareness of national governments and MEPs on issues of concerns to mothers.